The 2022 National Stewardship Poster Contest Theme is …
“Healthy Soil Healthy Life”
- This contest is open to all 5th grade students in Crawford County.
- The 2022 Stewardship title “Healthy Soil, Healthy Life” must be on your poster. (Don’t use any other title)
- Any media may be used to create a flat or two-dimensional effect (paint, crayon, colored pencil, charcoal, stickers, paper or other materials on regular posters)
- Poster size must be between 8.5’’ x 11’’ and 22’’x 28”
- A completed entry form signed by the parent or guardian must be attached to the back of the poster to make it eligible for judging.
- Posters should be packaged so they remain flat when sent for judging.
- All posters must be created by an individual student rather than a team of students.
- Submit all posters to the Crawford County Conservation District Office located at 301 Mt Vista Blvd in Van Buren Arkansas by Tuesday, May 10, 2022 for contest judging.
Judges will be volunteers and board members of the conservation district. The posters are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Conservation message (50%)
- Visual effectiveness (30%)
- Originality (10%)
- Universal appeal (10%)
Prizes will be awarded by the Crawford County Conservation District.
- 1st place county winner will receive $25
- 2nd place county winner will receive $20
- 3rd place county winner will receive $15
Posters will be returned to students after judging.
STEPS TO FOLLOW WHEN MAKING A POSTER:
- Turn poster in on time for judging
- Attach poster entry form on the back and be sure it is signed by a parent or guardian
- Entry must be contestant’s original, hand done creation and may not be traced from photographs or other artist’ published works
- Cover poster with lamination or other clear covering
- Use staples, tacks, or tape
- Use fluorescent posters
- Create a poster that is all words or a poster that is all pictures
THINGS YOU SHOULD “NOT” DO: