The 2023 AACD Photo Contest, “The Wonders of Arkansas”, is open to amateur photographers who are residents of the state of Arkansas. Each photo has to fit in one of the four photo categories (listed below). One entry per category but participant can enter one photo in each of the four categories. Photos must be taken within the 2022 calendar year (January 2022 – December 2022).
One adult and one youth winner will be selected for each category. Each 1st place winner will receive a $25 cash prize. One photo will be chosen from the 1st Place winners as “Grand Prize Winner” and will receive a $50 cash prize. Winning photos may be displayed at AACD’s state office in Little Rock. Photos will be judged prior to the 2023 AACD Annual Meeting. Checks will be issued by AACD after the annual meeting.
Photo Categories (Adult – 18 yrs and older)
- Landscape/Waterscape (Youth–less than 18 yrs of age)
- Landscape/Waterscape – photos of lakes, hills, mountains, streams, any picture in which the scenery is the primary focus and taken in Arkansas
- Livestock/Wildlife – cows, horses, pigs, deer, birds, chickens, any animal which fits one of these definitions
- Cropland – rice, cotton, corn, soybean, sunflowers, any picture of a commodity grown in Arkansas as a crop
- Forest/Plants – trees, flowers, grass, any type of tree, shrub and/or plant found in nature in Arkansas
- 2023 Photos must be submitted electronically:
- Photos must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2023.
- Photos must be taken within the 2022 calendar year (January 2022 – December 2022)
- Photos may be taken by a digital camera or phone camera
- Winning entries must provide the following before cash prizes can be awarded:
- A signed photo release form, which must be a hard copy
- Photo submitted in electronic format to Debbiepinreal@aol.com
- All entry forms must be received by CCCD by January 31, 2023.
Please note: If you intend to enter more than one photo (maximum of four photos per participant), you may submit all entries on the same entry form, but individual photo release forms, if required, for each photo. Any photo depicting children and/or adults without appropriate signed release form will not be considered for the contest. If they can be identified in the photo you must submit a signed photo release prior to judging or the photo will be eliminated.
- Black-and-white prints, color prints and prints from digital photos are all acceptable and will be judged together.
- Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary burning, dodging and cropping.
- Do not send photo reproductions from a printed publication.
- All entries become the property of CCCD and AACD. CCCD and AACD reserves the non-exclusive right to use all photographs in publications or for promotional purposes.
Photos will be judged on technical merit and composition. For technical merit, judges may check to see if the photo is well-framed, properly exposed and sharp and clear. For composition, judges determine if the photo features a recognizable center of interest, action and imagination and creativity. If you have questions or need more information contact the Crawford County Conservation District at (479) 474-2281 or email at email@example.com. Or you may contact Debbie Moreland, AACD Program Administrator, at (501) 425-2891 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org